Monday, April 6, 2009

Musée Rodin & jardin


Last week (oh yes, keeping right up to date on the blog!) I dropped the boys off at garderie and thought it about time to make good on my new year promise to myself to use atleast one afternoon a week to 'discover' something about Paris, so made my way over the Rodin museum. To be honest, by the time I got there I felt exhausted, as I had walked the whole way slinging E, and nearly pulled the plug on the whole idea, until I remembered that the garden was free entry, and being so tired I may as well enter the garden and sit somewhere picturesque to revive myself.Well, just entering the garden was enough to revive me, I spent the next 20mins continuing to walk, enthralled by the statues through the garden, the serenity of the garden layout itself, and generally just delighted at entering an oasis in the city. There is even a cafe with outside sitting, so for the rest of my hour I sat enjoying the beautiful spring day, the serenity and the beauty before me, over a reviving hot chocolate. At the bottom end of the garden there is a sandpit and large wooden lounge chairs, so mummies looking for serene kid space should head there asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment