Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Domain National de Saint Cloud

The weather has been so glorious that we met up with friends and went to the Domain National de Saint Cloud for some space and picnic time. It is really so lovely there, and I think my favourite parc on the outskirts of Paris. S and I first went there about 6 years ago with a Parisian friend of ours, and we loved it, but somehow have not managed to get back there until this weekend. It took visiting again to remind me just how much I love it there, and hope this spring/summer/autumn to make much more use of the space (little farm, bikes, pretty gardens, forest, tree climbing for older kids and a whole lot more). The thing I love the most is that it is a cross between a forest and formal Chateau grounds (formally being a chateau space). Ideally for us, we can get there early, have a lot of free space to play and feel the escape from everyone in the city, and then come time for us to think about leaving (1pmish) arrive all the French people for their picnics, as they are certainly not heading anywhere on a Sunday before a much more reasonable midday kind of hour! Great space for dog owners as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment