Saturday, April 4, 2009

French pscyhe post-birth

I thought some of you may enjoy this little insight into the French psyche on post-birth recovery and attitude to mothering. To be honest, I am not that exposed to it, as we have our own little expat click that shields us from the sexy woman/amazing lover/successful woman standard, and which puts us mostly in contact with the nannies, not the mothers. I do, however, see them on the street, particularly on the weekends pushing clean poussettes with immaculately dressed children through the stylish streets of Paris. 
I do have to say though, l'education perineal is fantastic and should be available to all women (meaning every country) post birth. While I still have to get around to booking my classes post E, I was a wide eyed novice in Belgium after the twins who felt the benefits of the state being so interested in my female anatomy.

Read here: Guardian article

No comments:

Post a Comment