Tuesday, March 29, 2011

these are a few of my favourite things:

SPRING
Flowers, flowers everywhere
SPRING
Warm days
The screaming faces of my kids when a bug comes near them - they don't even realise how lucky they have it, imagine if they were actually in Australia. Can you get any more bugs than in that country? (their country of heritage!) I don't even see the bugs here they are so very few, until ofcourse kids are hyperventilating and near tears freaking out about a 1mm bug touching them
Blue skies after the endless months of grey

Happy faces
SPRING
Strolling along with an ice cream
Chatty Parisiens (they are willingly talking to people in the streets! I have had so many conversations with near strangers. I do say 'near' as I have seen them around for years, it could be that after over 3 years in the hood they are finally welcoming me!)
More flowers
Pollen that freaks out my kids because they think it is a bug (it makes me laugh out loud at them, erm yes, that is to their dismay)
The park after school pick up: sand flying everywhere, kids clamouring for a place on the playgym, desperate pleas for FOOD, my kids slowly removing shoes, socks, and tops (me wondering why it is my kids that feel the need to remove as much clothing as possible at all times, and why is it that other kids actually listen to their mothers saying "no, do not get undressed")
SPRING
Spring rain, it is not even cold
Colourful silk scarves everywhere
Sunglasses dug out from a long hiatus tucked away in drawers
SPRING!!!!!!


∗thanks to E for being my spring model specially for this post - you are a star for taking out that wretched dummy and actually smiling at me on occaision - yes like 3 times in 75 or so photos.

5 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous pictures! I'm glad there are so many lovely things around you right now : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those photos and I'm so glad you have such lovely things around you right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep trying to post a comment and it keeps not working... Anyway, just wanted to say I love your pics and I'm so glad you have so many lovely things around you : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda! I am so happy you commented, so happy infact that I posted all three comments. I have to moderate the comments before they appear, hence you thinking they were not working. Your three comments make me look popular!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hillarious! Well, I am a little repetitive, by nature : )

    ReplyDelete